HEDA Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm focused on accelerating disruptive innovations and trends in advancing technologies. The firm is funded by HEDA Capital management LLC and supported by both Chinese and California governments. HEDA Ventures was launched in 2008 and the recently established a US fund on Oct 2016. With $150 million AUM, the US fund primarily focuses on innovative and high-tech industries with breakneck-speed growth rate, including Biotech, Fintech, Artificial intelligence, enterprise software and other frontier technologies. It committees to helping entrepreneurs and startups build world-changing businesses with the potential to create new market opportunities and change the world.
So far, the US Fund had closed 6 investments in the US, including 3 biotech, 1 e-commerce, 1 Fintech and 1 big data companies.
- Paragon Genomics in Series A round with Fosun Industrial Co. and Cowin Capital.
- Just Biotherapeutics in Series B round. HEDA ventures co-invested this round with Lily ventures, Temasek and Arch Venture Partners.
- Symic Bio for series A round with Lily Ventures.
- Scaleflux for seed round funding with CRCM Ventures.
- Snackoo for series A round with Westlake capital, WI Harper Group.
- Citcoin for series A round with TEEC Angel Fund. The company recently aligned with Tencent, Alibaba, Caesar Hospitality group and many global brands in the world.
To expand our operations in North America and second fund Phase II, our firm is actively looking for qualified candidate to join our investment team. We are currently seeking a part-time Investment Associate for our venture capital practice at Belmont, California. The associate will assist in identifying high-quality potential investment targets, and perform due diligence of potential investment opportunities and portfolio evaluation. The ideal candidate will also work closely with our VC partners.
The likely candidate must have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business administration from a top ranked U.S. university with excellent academic performances. A Master’s or higher degree is preferred. The desired candidate should have 0-2 years’ experience in a leading strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital or technology or media firm. The candidate should also be an analytical problem solver who able to assess the requirements of growing technology companies and assist senior executives with the investment process.
1. Identify early-stage tech startups as potential investment targets
2. Acquire comprehensive understandings about startup’s background information and prepare investment briefs for the management team
3. Conduct in-depth industry research and evaluation on VC investments
4. Conduct due diligence on primary, and co-investment investment opportunities
5. Work closely with our VC partners and tech startups
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance
or Economics. Master’s or higher degree is preferred.
· Graduated from a top-tier undergraduate school with top-notch grades
· Have passion for VC industry and startups
· Experience with investment valuation techniques
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin
· A knowledge of and interest in how technology is changing the business landscape